Plenum 2018-11-21 Agenda/Minutes

20:18 Open

Credentials

  • Present: Valentine, Fazli, Adnan, Roland
  • Apologies: Bob

Accounts

  • (Fazli) Update on finances and filing with IRAS.
  • IRAS Sep 2017: accountant has CorpPass access as at yesterday, filing immininent, due Mid Dec
  • ACRA Sep 2018: due Mar 2019
  • Still close to cashflow and amortised neutrality,but borderline.

Membership Marketing

  • (Fazli) Update on marketing work with Graham.
  • No progresss with Graham, Fazli will propose something leading up to Hackware on 11th
  • Fazli ask Drenboy: Recycle/publish people of HackerspaceSG videos (or ask Mike)
  • Fazli to approach potential corporate sponsors while organising GeekcampSG
  • Fazli to ask Bob to run GeekcampSG HackerspaceSG village (with a view to signups!)

Memberships

  • (Bob) Update on new members (if any).
  • one new supporter

Ruiwen's intent to step down as Director

  • Discussion if any.
  • Roland's plate is full.
  • Valentine does not want to be a director because he does not wish to lose his founder virginity.
  • Perhaps Meng would consider it.
  • Bob might be open to it, but would lose employer sponsorship of his membership.
  • Fazli has too many diretorships already.

Business Insurance Policy

  • (Valentine/Roland) Update and discussion.
  • Roland to untangle confused proposals

Electricity Supplier Alternatives

  • (Valentine) Updates if any.
  • Fazli to call "SUNSEAP" and start process to sign up for a 12 month contract at 20% below our current rate

Website Revamp

  • (Robert) Update on revamp.
  • (Robert absent)

Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure

  • (Valentine) Update on draft.
  • KIV

Any Other Business

  • Christmas party 14th? Ask Meng alternatively 22nd (not 15th) Valentine will enquire
  • space rental: Valentine to dig up previous discussion on rationale for establishing price
  • Valentine+Fazli to talk to Mike+Bpb about increasing subscription and receiving individual PINs for engineers.sg equipment access use only. Bob: is maintaining individual PINs feasible?

Next Meeting

  • 2018-12-19 20:00 (tentatively scheduled for 2nd Wednesday of every month, but subject to change depending on the schedule of key people)

21:30 Close