Plenum 2019-01-16 Agenda/Minutes

20:00 Open

Credentials

  • Present: Valentine, Dyana, Bob, Fazli, Robert, Roland
  • Apologies:

Finances

  • (Fazli) Update on finances, accounts, and cashflow.
  • Dyana to provide 30 day cashflow projection this evening to Fazli as a starting point for a 90 day cashflow projection this weekend
  • Also: Dyana to take over as treasurer this month; Fazli will remain involved as consultant for some undefined time.
  • We anticipate being able to pay all bills this month and rent in February
  • We don't yet know what our accounting costs will be next month. On all other items combined, we exect the balance to be improving month on month.

Electricity Supplier Alternatives

  • (Fazli) Updates if any.
  • Luther is exploring options for commercial accounts at SP Wholesale
  • Aizat will check with service department

Business Insurance Policy

  • (Roland) Update and discussion.
  • Fazli contact Faisal and apologise

Membership Marketing

  • (Fazli) Update on marketing work with Graham.
  • ~$500 garage sale funds to be deposited in the bank
  • Fazli: Plan for an actual campaign to be developed, perhaps before next plenum

Memberships

  • (Bob) Update on new members (if any).
  • 2 new members, 1 rejoin, 3 upgrades, 1 terminated: $768/month

Potential Relocation Options

  • Disussion if any.
  • Fazli: ping Luther for any plan on this

Organisation Directorships

  • Discussion if any.
  • Robert and Bob have put their hands up as directors
  • Fazli: talk to Koh to arrange appointment of Robert and Bob; invite Justin to step down

Website Revamp

  • (Robert) Update on revamp.
  • Halfway done: Home page and template; todo template for posts (e.g. plenum minutes) and service pages

For-profit/Commercial Event Rack Rates

  • (Valentine) Discussion if any.
  • Valentine: print a $4/hour poster and stick it up

2019 Geek Events Calendar

  • (Dyana) Discussion.
  • Valentine: include in agenda template "Upcoming events that HackerspaceSG might be interested in"

Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure

  • Update on draft, if any.
  • KIV until Feb (Valentine welcome to raise a concrete proposal at any time)

Any Other Business

Cost reduction measures

  • Bob talk to Luther, and then Cynthia with a view to reducing frequency to every two weeks

Petty cash levy

  • Once a month, sweep anything above $500 into the bank account
  • Aizat: come back with a concrete proposal
  • Aizat: explore means for PayPal to facilitate authorisations that HackerspaceSG can amend/terminate vs. depending upon members to set up standing orders

Aircon maintenance

  • KIV: sort out when to resume

Next Meeting

  • 2019-02-13 20:00 (tentatively scheduled for 2nd Wednesday of every month, but subject to change depending on the schedule of key people)

22:10 Close