Plenum 2019-01-16 Agenda/Minutes
- Present: Valentine, Dyana, Bob, Fazli, Robert, Roland
- (Fazli) Update on finances, accounts, and cashflow.
- Dyana to provide 30 day cashflow projection this evening to Fazli as a starting point for a 90 day cashflow projection this weekend
- Also: Dyana to take over as treasurer this month; Fazli will remain involved as consultant for some undefined time.
- We anticipate being able to pay all bills this month and rent in February
- We don't yet know what our accounting costs will be next month. On all other items combined, we exect the balance to be improving month on month.
Electricity Supplier Alternatives
- (Fazli) Updates if any.
- Luther is exploring options for commercial accounts at SP Wholesale
- Aizat will check with service department
Business Insurance Policy
- (Roland) Update and discussion.
- Fazli contact Faisal and apologise
- (Fazli) Update on marketing work with Graham.
- ~$500 garage sale funds to be deposited in the bank
- Fazli: Plan for an actual campaign to be developed, perhaps before next plenum
- (Bob) Update on new members (if any).
- 2 new members, 1 rejoin, 3 upgrades, 1 terminated: $768/month
Potential Relocation Options
- Disussion if any.
- Fazli: ping Luther for any plan on this
- Discussion if any.
- Robert and Bob have put their hands up as directors
- Fazli: talk to Koh to arrange appointment of Robert and Bob; invite Justin to step down
- (Robert) Update on revamp.
- Halfway done: Home page and template; todo template for posts (e.g. plenum minutes) and service pages
For-profit/Commercial Event Rack Rates
- (Valentine) Discussion if any.
- Valentine: print a $4/hour poster and stick it up
2019 Geek Events Calendar
- (Dyana) Discussion.
- Valentine: include in agenda template "Upcoming events that HackerspaceSG might be interested in"
Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure
- Update on draft, if any.
- KIV until Feb (Valentine welcome to raise a concrete proposal at any time)
Any Other Business
Cost reduction measures
- Bob talk to Luther, and then Cynthia with a view to reducing frequency to every two weeks
Petty cash levy
- Once a month, sweep anything above $500 into the bank account
Carousel account / Additional services
- Aizat: come back with a concrete proposal
- Aizat: explore means for PayPal to facilitate authorisations that HackerspaceSG can amend/terminate vs. depending upon members to set up standing orders
- KIV: sort out when to resume
- 2019-02-13 20:00 (tentatively scheduled for 2nd Wednesday of every month, but subject to change depending on the schedule of key people)